Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Be Still

Ok, I just need to share a few things.....
First off, the downer. Our caseworker is out of the office this week. Ok, I know this sounds "crazy"....but, it is seriously tough not having that contact throughout the week. She is our tie to our little girl and, even though there wasn't anything that was supposed to happen this week on her end, it is rough just knowing she isn't available.

Ok, second downer. My house. We have been in major grant mode. We have a couple looming adoption payments and, honestly, we NEED financial help from grants. So, where does my house come into this? It is a mess! I feel like I live on my computer....that is, when Im not wiping booties, and breaking up little boy brawls. If Im not doing grants, Im working on the auction. When Im not working on the auction, I am emailing....and when Im not doing any of these things, I am emailing and prepping for Singers Company. All this is to say, the house is neglected and Im kind of over it.

Ok, now the happy stuff!!
I am SO Blessed. Our family is SO Blessed. We had already received amazing donations from friends and family members for our auction...(sidenote, I know some crazy awesome people!)....but, what I didn't count on was incredible donations from people that don't even know us!! Although, I now am getting to know these people, and they are amazing!

ok, meet NANCY!!
https://www.facebook.com/NancysCrochetCreations
I just happened upon her amazing facebook page and decided that I was going to ask if she would want to donate something to our auction. She is insanely talented and I knew her items would be loved! Keep in mind, I don't know Nancy....She donated 9 items and says she is working on more. What?!?!?! Talk about a Blessing. And, now we are facebook buddies and I am totally loving getting to know her!!

Ok, now KIM!!
https://www.facebook.com/CrazyStitches
Kim and I grew up in the same town. Her older sister, Jenna, was one of my little sisters besties in school. I always knew who Kim was, but our paths never crossed much. I just knew that her family was amazing and I knew her sister Jenna and my sister Heidi could break out in an NSYNC performance at any given moment. Anyways, out of the blue, Kim contacts me about donating 2 of her amazing quilts to our auction!! How incredibly thoughtful!! I was Blessed HUGE.

Oh, Also, TWO of my sister-in-laws friends whom I don't know are donating items. Did I mention I don't know them?????  Praise that I have such an amazing Sister that advocated for us and out Bulgarian Princess, but also Praise for her community of friends that are so selfless and thoughtful!
https://www.facebook.com/LooDeLoop

LASTLY,
BETH!!
I have never met Beth, but she is on a Facebook page I am on for local adoption/foster families. I asked for prayer as we try to raise this next chunk of money. Within minutes she responded that she was donating, and challenged others to do the same. She doesn't know us. How amazing. I am always blown away by the sense of family and community within the adoption community. You really make this journey together. I don't know what I would do without their support, encouragement and constant prayers.

As I said, there are so many other people who have given their time and talents for our auction. Please take the time to check out their amazing donations and also links to their businesses. I will be launching the auction tomorrow and I am so excited for you all to see the thoughtful gifts given by thoughtful people.

Praising God that he always reveals his love and provision when I need to feel encouraged.

"Be still and know I am God."