I just got back from a weekend away with Teen Leadership Foundation. Let me tell you a bit about that first. TLF is an organization that takes foster kids to an amazing, fun-filled camp every summer. The goal is to provide these kids with a safe, fun, worry-free weekend where they feel loved and accepted. It was amazing. I am really finding that I have a heart for this ministry much like I have a heart for adoption. These kids need people to love them, care for them, accept them. It was a powerful weekend and it was hard to see it come to an end. I plan to continue with my involvement with this and similar ministries. I truly believe that God has called me to help "care for the orphans" as he calls us all to do in the Bible. To love those who don't know what it is to feel loved. I really encourage you all to look up Teen Leadership Foundation Pacific Northwest on Facebook. Even if you aren't directly involved, it will help you know when to pray and what to pray for.
John 14:18
"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you."

So, another thing that was interesting about this weekend. NO TECHNOLOGY! ***gasp***
So, here is the thing. I didn't have contact with Sean or the short people, unless they had an emergency, they had a number to call. I didn't take my phone, my ipad, my laptop....nada. When I got home I told Sean that there was only one thing that almost killed me with this. It wasn't not checking in with Sean and the boos....I knew they were fine. I mean, lets just be real, Sean is a Rock Star. But, not having my phone meant not having ANY connection to our little girl in Bulgaria. I couldn't open my phone and see a picture of her beautiful face. I couldn't email our caseworker to see if there was news, even though I knew there wasn't. I wasn't able to get on my computer and work on paperwork that needed done.....and, again the biggest one that is worth repeating twice.....I couldn't see her face.
There is something strangely comforting about at least having the hope of receiving an email about your future daughter. Or about seeing her face, that seems to help you convince yourself that "she is fine." When you don't have any of your media devices, you feel totally lost. I will say, it helped me to just pray for her. That maybe someone hugged her that day, that her needs were met, that she smiled. When I got home, I told Sean how this was the hardest part of my weekend, and he totally understood.
Please pray for our Bulgaria Girl. Please pray for the foster teens that went to camp and please pray that God gives us peace in our heats that our girl is in his hands always and that he is there with her now, even if we aren't.