Friday, June 20, 2014

Making some more stinkin lemonade! Yes, this post might be hostile.

We saw Leanna in January. When we left she knew us, she loved us, she didn't want us to leave.

We had faith that we MIGHT be back in April, but end of May FOR SURE!!! Well, April became May, May became June. We were 100% sure we would be getting our beauty in June. I was literally waiting for an email saying "Go get your baby!!"......well, instead of an email, I got a phone call......when I was at the Court Club getting ready to hot tub with my Bestie. NOT the news we wanted. We had travel dates (yay!)....but they were July 20-30th (sob). Yup, and sob I did. I had a little mini cry with my Bestie at the club, she prayed for me. But, when I got home I fell apart. That is another month that Leanna, our LEGAL daughter, is sitting in an orphanage. That is 4 more weeks that I have to sit here missing her. That week, the 20th-30th, is the week of my Dads Family reunion, that he has been so excited about for so long. I have been waiting to go see all of my family, that I NEVER see, and I would have my new daughter there to introduce to her Franklin peeps.

The whole thing just stinks.

In the past couple weeks we came to the hard decision that I would be traveling WITHOUT Sean on the pick-up trip. Of course people have opinions about this decision, but we know it is the right thing for a few reasons. 1.) If Sean went he would use ALL of his sick and vacation leave....meaning he couldn't be there for upcoming surgeries etc. 2.) After talking with other adopting families, it is important that only one parent is suffering jet lag upon coming home, there needs to be one parent alert and able to meet Leannas needs. (the jet lag in Jan kicked our butts). 3.) Our little Megan needs to have either Mommy or Daddy available. She has been having a lot of stress whenever we leave her (with sitters etc)....she is confused and just needs to have one of us with her.

So, what does this mean. This means that My Bestie, Jaimie, will be traveling with me. She is a great support to me, balances me out, and we are extremely comfortable with each other. So, if I need to have a melt down, or I need her to give me a break, I can ask her and know she is there for me. Initially my sissy was going to be my sidekick, but she will be attending the reunion, as our Dad NEEDS his kids there. :o)

So, there ya go! July 20-30!
one little prayer request, our flights are crazy pricey. We have one more fundraiser tomorrow, really hoping that we come up with what we need.....otherwise I might need to go sell a kidney or something.