Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Baby Registry for my Bulgarian Baby

So further proof that I have the BEST family and Friends.....after all of the love and support over the past year+....I have had several friends ask me if I can put together a baby registry for Leanna. Each time I give them "the look" and each time they assure me that they really WANT me to do one.....so......I did. As it is kind of an unusual list, I thought I would explain a bit...

(Those who are completely uninterested should return to their normal Tuesday night viewing)

We registered for a lot of items under the "feeding" category. Leanna is a 6 year old child that is VERY underweight and was never taught to chew food. So.....that should be enough to help you understand the list of pediasure, food pouches, bibs, baby bullet...etc.

pull ups and wipes? Ya, she isn't potty trained. moving on...

TOYS--The list has a couple developmental items (leap pad), cozy coupe, little trampoline (for leg strength).....but you will notice the main theme is Duplo legos and plastic animals.
The Duplo legos are something I hope Leanna will learn to do with her sister. They would be good for sensory and problem solving....and fun to play with Megs.
The plastic animals? Well, I have a friend that just brought her blind son home from Bulgaria (he is precious!)....he LOVES plastic animals and carries them everywhere....so, she suggested that we get some for our Leanna girl.

baby gate....self explanatory.
monitor....self explanatory

tooth brush??? um....you might want an explanation. Leanna has had NO dental care. They don't brush her teeth and we anticipate having a long road ahead as far as fixing our sweet girls teeth and bite.

Something not on the list. CLOTHES! Our goal is to have a wardrobe set up for Leanna, so that sissy doesn't need to share. This is going to be a big adjustment for Megan, and sis LOVES her clothes! We didn't want to create a problem by requiring that Megan give up her things right out of the gate.
Leanna is a size 4/5
She could definitely use::
a swim suit
sweats
jeans
short sleeve shirts
footed jammies

Here is the link

https://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=80541754158

We are so, so, so grateful for all of you. The love you all have for Leanna is such a Blessing. We couldn't have made it through this journey without your love and support!!