So, you may want to know if there is any news. The answer? No. The last couple weeks have been kind of a double edged sword. On one hand, incredibly stressful as we try to pull together the money for our next TWO payments. On the other hand, we have had to just totally give it over to God and not try to do it all ourselves...which has meant that I have given myself a break from adoption stress. Sean's mom came for a visit and the timing was perfect. One day, while boys were at school and megs was napping, we just put on "Everybody loves Raymond" and then both zonked out on the couch. We rested.
Don't get me wrong, little "D" is ALWAYS on my mind. Im either plotting next fundraiser, filling out grants, or just missing my girl. BUT, there has really just been nothing to do but wait, so I have been doing that....waiting. Waiting on news, waiting on grants...waiting.
So, here are some Blessings:
We sold our suburban, which will pay a huge chunk of our fees. The buyer is my father in law. He plans to use it for a business vehicle, and I am praying that it is a Blessing to his business. Thanks Daddy-in-law!!
Our auction ended!! Thanks SO much to those who supported us and bought items from our auction. We made $750!! I really had no idea how it would go. I even feared nothing would sell....but, almost every item sold and we were so Blessed.
So, now I ask. Does anyone have any amazing fundraiser ideas? Im trying to think outside the box. I heard of a shoe drive, and I am really stoked about that idea. Basically, we would collect old shoes.....that are in decent condition and can be cleaned up. Then a company pays us per pound to get the shoes and send them to Africa. I am really leaning towards doing something like that. Seriously, isn't that perfect? It helps us bring home "D" and it helps families in Africa that don't own shoes. An added perk is that it isn't something I have heard of. Most of the fundraisers I have come across are things being used by multiple families within our area.....but, maybe something new and different would be fun? Thoughts?
*****sidenote, if anyone is thinking "Why would anyone adopt if they don't have the money?? Reference the post "Opening statements"****
Enjoy your Weekend. And remember to "rest".....
