Yup, it has been FOREVER since I blogged on here. Trust me, it is not for lack of things to say. BUT, now instead of waiting for our little lady to come home.....she is here, and I am busy!!!!
I feel like the last couple weeks have yielded some amazing things in the life of our little Leanna Laurie. Now, to you these may seem like "little things"....but, to us? They are huge. life changing. hope giving. Blessings.
Over the last couple weeks, out lady has learned 4 English words. FOUR!
Up
More
Water
bu-bye
Up until now, she was understanding a lot, but really only saying Momma and Dada.....and sometimes would attempt her siblings names. Our next word, Lord willing, will be "please".....as girlfriend doesn't always say these words in her "nice voice." My hope is that if we can add please, it will make the nasty a bit less irritating.
Then today, I saw this:::
I know what you are thinking. WOW!!! ha! okok, why is this pic so awesome? She is sitting up while she plays!!!!! One problem that we have with Leanna is that she wont sit up when she plays, she is always laying down. On the floor, on the couch, on the coffee table....always laying down. She will have a toy with her, but she insists on laying down which means that we aren't working on those core muscles that she really needs to strengthen. Today, not only was she sitting up, but she did it for a long time. Where is she at the moment? laying on my coffee table.....but, still.....progress!!!!
ok, im going to sign off for now, but wanted to update you on our little Bulgarian!
Sidenote:::: I know several of you have commented on our referring to Leanna as "Our Bulgarian" etc. People say that she is now an American and that we shouldn't linger on her sad past. Thanks to a sweet friend sharing a blog with me recently, I discovered that I am not alone in my thinking....
She IS Bulgarian. Roma. Gypsy.
That is her roots. Her heritage. What she is.
Is she an American? Yes! Is she a Parker? Yes!
But, she is also a Bulgarian. From Targovishte, Bugaria. With Roma blood. And I am so proud of who she is. She will always know who she is.
This is my view. And, since she is my daughter, you all have to deal with it. Ha!
