Not gonna lie. This day has been a doozy.
Woke up at 4:45am to leave and have Leanna checked in at Children's Hospital by 6am. Im not a morning person. I don't even try to be anymore. They made me dump my coffee. Not cool, not cool.
Leanna was supposed to be under for 30 minutes, she was under for almost 90. Praise God the Dr called the front to let us know everything was fine, he just needed more time. When he was done, he took us to a corner of the waiting room to try to tell us all of his findings. He found a lot. Readers digest version? There is nothing normal about her eyes. Cataracts. small size. glaucoma. It also appears that one of her eyes quit developing at about 20 week gestation. Not sure if it is a genetic thing or if the birth Momma did something at that time to hinder development. Basically, there was a specialist telling us that he was bamboozled and wanted to send us to ANOTHER specialist to get a second opinion. I am NOT optimistic that there is anything we can do for her right eye, apart from getting glaucoma surgery to keep what vision she already has. Her left eye is completely in Gods hands. The anomaly there may or may not be effecting the optic nerve. if it is, well.....that is daunting.
The good news is that we have great specialists that are going to do whatever they can to help our lady. The other Blessing is that Leanna doesn't care one way or another. God knows the plans He has for her. My Momma hear is scared, but I need to "Let it go"....insert Elsa singing.
When we left the Hospital I got a nasty migraine. It is called no sleep+stress+meanies making me dump coffee= icky pukey migraine for the rest of the day. THEN we had an epic battle with all of our kids at least once tonight. At one point I had all 3 boys whining/crying, Leanna throwing toys, Megan being a drama mama......I totally went out front and sat on the stairs. When it rains it pours, right? Ya, we had us a downpour tonight. I happened to chat with my friend, Jamie, tonight and told her that this day was a trial and that I felt like a mean Mommy. She sent me this::
I needed this. I needed this bad.
A final little tidbit of news, Leanna will probably be starting school this next week. She was invited to be in the life skills program at the Elementary school the boys go to. Its a great school. She will have access to a lot of therapies. They are letting us choose whether she goes whole days or half. We aren't ready for full days. Heck, we aren't ready for half days. But, our little lady needs help getting caught up. And especially if we aren't going to have great vision, she needs to be strong in all other areas.
In the words of Steven Curtis Chapman:
"saddle up your horses, we gotta trail to blaze"
Prayer requests::
A miracle for Leanna, specifically that we can still fix that left eye to get her more vision.
For her school career....and for Sean and I to have peace about her not being with us 24/7.
More specialists mean more medical bills. Just prayer we have peace that God will provide, as He always does.
I would also love to have good interaction with my babies tomorrow. I think we all agreed that this wasn't our best day.

