So, everyone knows about turning lemons into lemonade, right? not literally, but taking the bad and making it good, sweet, not quite so sour. Well, that is what I am doing.
Yesterday, we thought we had about 1k to go before being fully funded. We had a massive yard sale this last week, thanks to our Care group at church. MASSIVE. We ended the weekend with an incredible amount of cash to deposit into Leanna's account. We were Blessed. Overwhelmed. God was so good. That was yesterday. Today, we are still Blessed, and God is still good!...and we have a new kind of "overwhelming" happening. We actually need to raise about 7k....not the 1k we had thought. So, you can see how we might need to find a way to make some yummy lemonade our of this incredibly sour situation.
So, I have been thinking today on all of Gods Goodness, and here is the thing....Leanna isn't MY daughter. She is HIS daughter. He is going to provide for her. I also decided to think on all of the insanely good things that have been happening around here, and all of a sudden, it was a lot easier to see Lemonade in the midst of the lemons falling on us.
Here are a few of our Praises:
1. Our yard sale made it possible to send almost 9k to our agency. All fees paid in full, only leaving us with the travel and in Country expenses.
2. Almost immediately after hearing the news, my dear friend Sarah started helping me plan a car wash. (sidenote::: Sarah was just the host of our yard sale!) Mind. Blown.
3. My Mom and my Sister both called almost instantly to offer encouragement and their ideas on how they could try to help us out. My Mom JUST spent the weekend helping with our sale, she is such a precious lady. I love you tons Mom!
4. My Bestie invited me over for lunch today. She always seems to know when I am low and need time with her. Thanks Jaims.
5. My kids. Always providing me with Praises. Tonight both Joel and Ryan asked me what, in my opinion, were some of their best qualities. They both had projects for school. As I was listing off quality, after quality....I realized, wow! I am one lucky Momma. I have incredible kids, and 5 of them to boot.
6. So many of our family and friends have told us they are praying and have also shared our info, in hopes of helping us raise some money. It really does help knowing there are people praying.
So, as you can see, there is a lot to be thankful for. We may feel like we had the rug pulled out from under us (again).....but, at least we had a soft place to land (or maybe that is just my ginormous bootie from all of this stress eating.....HA!....sorry, couldn't help it)
When my Mom was here visiting, we had a conversation about my Dad. I adore my Dad. When we had our father daughter dance at my wedding, we danced to "Wind beneath my wings".....it was a perfect song as my Dad truly is the wind beneath my wings, he is precious. Mom and I were saying that one word that would describe my Dad is "resilient." My Dad has been knocked down several times. He has been hurt a lot. Sadly, sweet and kind people make easy targets. BUT, he has always picked himself up, and pushed forward and never let people change him. He has only become stronger through these situations. Never gave up. So, here is to hoping that maybe I have a pinch of that same resilience. If I can find that in myself, I know that we will keep pushing forward and soon we will reach the goal. Leanna in our arms forever.
G'night friends.
