Friday, April 18, 2014

Murphy's Law - God's provision and a bathroom fan

I started out wanting to do a post to see who else has all the sad stories about how Murphy will show up as soon as you have a plan for your money, all the road blocks that get thrown at you when you begin the adoption processes but then I realized two things, one I am sure there are people out there that have had way more major murphy disasters than we have had and two that we have ALREADY overcome these hurdle's!

When we started this process I was of course totally on board but tend to see the quote unquote "realistic" side of things. $20,000 to adopt a kid What?? Why?? We don't have that laying around why do we think we have the right to start this process....well you see I am married to Amy and she is always there to tell me, not us, God. So we continued on and well that $20k isn't $20k its $35,000 plus incidentals (first home study wont qualify in chosen country, trips to immigration in Yakima for fingerprinting, background checks and rechecks, multiple doctors visits and revisit's ect...).

Hey but its ok, we are moving forward, money is coming in, grants are being applied for....oh wait, you don't need a water softener right?? right lets keep going. We got a Grant! and another! and humm that low mile car you bought to drive your family around it, needs tires after less than a year of owning the car and the tires where new? That's right you find out its been in a major wreck and is beyond alignment with out major repairs and may not be safe (thanks carfax you're a real big help). But that's ok we made our first payments toward getting our girl and God is providing for a new car payment as well.

By now Amy is burnt out, ENOUGH PAPERWORK! time for more fundraising, somehow she finds another gear and  gets us to our next payments and of course we don't need hot water right?? oh and clean floors? Microwave? Thought we could manage, nahh,,, but once again God provided a few generous friends, cheap walmart stuff and a home depot low interest project loan. LETS GO SEE OUR GIRL!

That did it for me (seeing our girl), no stopping us now. As Amy said in the last post, we just made our final Agency and foreign fee payments (little help from the line of credit) thanks to not our efforts but the efforts of our friends. so as I sat in our bathroom tonight and went to flip on the bathroom fan (eh hem) and it didn't turn on (sorry Amy) it inspired me to write this post. We sit now give or take (depending on flight costs) just $5-6k away from getting our girl (and a court date, GET A MOVE ON MOJ :) ) that means God has provided $30,000 in under a year to help bring us our/his daughter home to us! That is amazing.

I am not worried about the rest, it will come in time, on time. Are we stressed? yes! this process is crazy and our whole family has held together great and now we are ready to put all this aside and rest in the excitement of this new life that will be joining our family, new struggles, new concerns, new even harder challenges, absolutely but you know what? I will be able to hug her......


Sean







Sometimes when I express myself I worry about what tone people take things in so I really don't want to offend anyone so here is my disclaimer "I hope you are getting my tone at this point, truly we are blessed and grateful for all of the trials we have encountered, and as I said in he beginning there are people going through much worse and we are truly truly grateful for the provision God has granted throughout this process."

1 comment:

  1. Praying for God to move in a big way for Leanna Parker! Can't wait to meet her

    ReplyDelete