After a chat with an amazing friend today, I realized that I need to get my bootie in gear as far as researching the medical professionals we will need for our lil lady.
We have been very open about the fact that our sweetie has special needs, but I don't think I have blogged about what those needs are.
Well, Leanna has incredibly limited vision. She does have SOME vision, but limited. This is due to cataracts, which we have been told she will need surgery to correct. Our prayer is that the surgery will restore some more of her vision.
Leanna also has several delays. This is totally normal and expected from children in orphanages and institutions, especially "older" children like Leanna. The good news? She may need some help, but we totally expect Leanna to make huge strides once she is home!
Lastly, our lil lady was born with clubbed feet. Although this was corrected with surgery, she never received the therapy and help she needed to regain her strength. We are so excited to have an amazing friend who is a physical therapist and who is happy to work with our sweetie.
So, I think that gives you all some more ideas of ways to pray for us. We already have started praying for our sweet girls health and development. Pray that God equips us with what we need to help and provide for our girl, and that we will find the perfect medical professionals to be part of our journey.....People that believe in miracles and believe in Leanna.
Ok, Momma out. Night