Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Encouraging news!!

SOOOOO, today my beloved twinsies had eye doctor appts. Turns out they have perfect vision, but that isn't what we are here to chat about.

I already have an appt set up for when we get Leanna home, with this same Dr. that we saw today. Leanna needs to see our eye doctor, to then get a referral to a specialist for her cataracts. While we waited for Ryans eye drops to kick in, I started chatting with our Dr, and told him all about our little Bulgarian Princess. He was so amazing, and is super excited to meet Leanna and help us on this journey. So, here were a couple of the tidbits I took away from our convo::::

1.) Children are able to regain vision/build muscles up until they are 8 years old-ish. Leanna just turned six.....so, this is great news!!! It means that, unless we discover additional problems, there is hope of Leanna regaining some of her vision!!

2.) We found out that we will have to travel to either Spokane or Seattle for her treatment, which isn't a biggie since we have family and support in both locations. BUT, I heard today, for the first time, that Leanna might not be a good candidate for surgery immediately after her arrival home. There are several factors, including her size and development...etc. BUT, that doesn't mean that her little eyes wont be working and improving! If we need to wait on surgery, there is a good chance that Leanna would be fitted with contacts. This way she is seeing better and her little eyes are learning to work a bit harder. Why not glasses? Well, in the good Doctors words, "They would weigh 10 pounds."

Hmmmmm, what else. I think that is most of the news from the Doctor. But, all good and all encouraging. Frankly, I really feel Blessed any time I speak with someone who is excited about Leanna, and anxious to meet her. When this is coming from a Doctor, it just makes me feel confident and at peace.....This guy really WANTS to help. love.

In other news, my amazing Care Group is organizing an epic yard sale to help with some of our final expenses. I really don't even have the words to describe this group of people, but I will try.
Loving
Generous
Supportive
Compassionate
Godly
Family
ok, the list would go on and on....but, you get the idea. So grateful for this amazing group of people!

Lastly, Seans co-workers did a Breakfast Burrito fundraiser at his work, and it was amazing. I really, really appreciate these people. They know Sean, but they don't know the rest of us very well, and they don't know Leanna.....and yet, they gladly gave of their time and energy to do this for us. Wow. So grateful.

Ok my peeps, I need some beauty sleep as I have to go get ANOTHER medical form filled out tomorrow. Apparently my last one is 6 months old and that is a tragedy.....so, im off to be overhauled....again. yay.