Well, nothing like seeing your blog is on a massive list of Bulgaria Adoption Blogs to motivate you to write a post! I needed the kick in the pants, I have stuff to say!!!
So, we travel THIS MONTH! This is just to visit, but Ill take it! I am trying to be really guarded. I am going to want to pick Leanna up and just snuggle her....but, I am a stranger to this sweetie. Kind of a sad perspective, but it is true. She will probably be scared of us. My prayer is that by the end of our visit, she is warming up to us enough that when her caretakers talk about "Mommy and Daddy coming back for her" she knows who we are, and isn't afraid!
We will be in Bulgaria for 1 week! Just Sean and I. My Lovely mother is going to be here with the other short people. My kids are stoked to have Grandmama come. Frankly, I feel like chopped liver.
So, a couple other tidbits. We DID have a conversation with our agency about our plan to change Leannas name once she is home. Her Bulgarian name is "Deva." We will be giving her the name Leanna Laurie Deva Parker. Our agency was fully supportive and gave us kudos that we wanted to keep her Bulgarian name in the mix. So, WHY are we changing her name? Im so glad you asked! A couple reasons. We really want Leanna to feel like she is, and has always been, a "Parker." Our other childrens names are Joel, Ryan, Luke and Megan. We really wanted Leanna to have a name that fit with the others. ALSO, We try to give our children family names for their middle names. My moms name is "Laurie." so.....Leanna Laurie. One of our sons doesn't have a family name for his middle name and is having a bit of a complex, but that's another story. Silly guy!
I also found out that we are allowed to take pictures at our visit! yaaaayyyyy! BUT, we cant post them on media sites. So, friends and family can request them and we will shoot you an email! Just to answer again the question about why we don't have pictures of Leanna on our blog. If this was a private blog, we would share pictures. However, we choose to keep this open to the public so that others can read our story and also so that people who have donated to our fundraisers can follow along.
So, here is a tease. You get her hair and cute little arms. Cant wait til we can share her photos..... Trust me, she is gorgeous!
Please continue to pray for financial Blessings on our family. God has provided hugely for this adoption. HUGE. But, we aren't quite there.....close, but not quite!!

WooHoo!
ReplyDelete